WHAT IS THE POINT IN TIME COUNT?
The Point In Time Count (PIT Count) is an annual census of the homeless population in the Austin/Travis County area. Early in the morning of January 25th, 2020, hundreds of volunteers will head out across Austin/Travis County to count every person experiencing unsheltered homelessness. Volunteers will count people sleeping in cars, tents, parks, under bridges, and on the streets. The information from this count is used to guide public policy and is vital for securing resources to help end homelessness in our community.
- Homeless Point in Time Count 2018
- Canvassing the City for ECHO’s Point in Time Count
- Volunteers setting out this weekend to count Austin’s homeless
- Austin leaders to release Travis County homeless count results
- Homelessness in Austin Increased 5 Percent this year
Leave a Reply