Join Us for the LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR workshop for Reconciling United Methodists (believing in full inclusion for LGBT members in the UMC) – A Partnership of Reconciling Ministries Network and MFSA for General Conference 2012. Contact Joy Butler firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2012
9am until 2pm
Trinity United Methodist Church
4001 Speedway, Austin TX
parking lot directly across street from church
FREE! – and brunch is provided!
What will you do at LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR workshop?
– Learn about 2012 General Conference strategies and messages
– Construct ways to talk about love and inclusiveness in your local church
– Find about about One-to-One organizing method
– Practice Advanced Storytelling skills
– Socialize with other Reconciling United Methodists
– Hear speakers with powerful personal stories to share with you
This workshop has something for all Reconciling United Methodists. Those new to the workshop will learn how to share their stories (if desired), even if for the first time. Experienced workshop attendees will learn how to “take it on the road” with outreach and witness to General Conference delegates, with follow-up support available after the workshop. Two staff organizers from RMN national office in Chicago will be leading the workshop, and we will have two local guest speakers. Sound exciting? It is! The Reconciling movement is growing in our SWTX conference, and you can be a part of helping our United Methodist Church experience a more inclusive future!