Welcome to the Methodist Federation for Social Action (MFSA)…
an independent voice for justice within Methodism since 1907.
MFSA unites activists within the United Methodist Church to take action on issues of justice, peace and liberation in the church, nation and world.
We are based in the Rio Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church.
The Rio Texas MFSA (formerly the Southwest Texas MFSA) calls United Methodists to live out Jesus’ teachings of God’s radical love and justice for all.
We educate, act, and witness for
- Full inclusion and equality for all
- Peace and nonviolence
- Progressive public policy
- Abolition of the death penalty
- Environmental stewardship
- Compassionate immigration policy
in our personal lives, our churches, our communities, and the world.
Rio Texas MFSA Officers
The current Rio Texas MFSA officers are:
- Co-Presidents – Patricia Stewart & Rev. Richard Bates
- Vice-President – Rowland Curry
- Secretary – Deana Henry
- Treasurer – Janice Curry
- Member-at-large – Al Lindsey