The Texas UMW Legislative Event is a three-day annual conference in Austin, TX, scheduled for January 27-29, 2019. The event will include speakers, workshops, panels and breakout sessions about public policy issues, faith and social justice and how to meet your elected officials.
Online Registration is now live
What you should expect:
– Up-to-date information on important policy issues
– Grounding in how United Methodist Social Principles relate to the Texas Legislature
– New ideas about connecting faith and public life in your local community
– Fostering relationships with your elected officials and staff
– Advocacy training on a shared legislative agenda to meet with your representatives on the Tuesday of the event
It has been about 30 years since a small group of faithful women from across Texas came together to launch a new project: an annual event where UMWs could learn about legislative issues related to United Methodist Social Principles and the priorities of United Methodist Women. Now, hundreds of UMWs gather annually for briefings on current public policy issues and to learn about ways to engage their local communities in social justice work. Come and be a part of the movement this year!
United Methodist Women’s Legislative Event is open to all. Find out more and invite a friend by using the events Facebook Event, contacting your Annual Conference’s Social Action Chair or Texas Impact staff.
Leave a Reply