Since the Parkland, FL high school shooting on February 14, 2018, so much has changed in the gun violence prevention movement. The Parkland students have led the way with their March for Our Lives group and TGS is proud to have been asked to be a Texas partner. We welcome all of our new supporters and want to reach out to everyone with our update.
What’s Been Happening:
- We hosted the quarterly Coalition to Reduce Gun Violence
- Co-host for the Austin March for Our Lives
- Co-host for the Austin Town Hall for Our Lives
- School Safety Panel Discussion, U.T. Safe Zone Discussion of Schools and School Violence
- School Safety Panel Discussion, Kealing Middle School Day of Action
- Co-host for the Texas Capitol Walkout
- TGS staff and board members are taking a pistol training class! See photo below.
- Town Hall with Senator Royce West and other dignitaries May 3, 2018. Join us!
- We will be in Dallas, May 3-5, 2018 to partner with other gun violence prevention organizations to provide information during the National Rifle Association (NRA) meeting May 4-6 in Dallas. More info.
- We will visit Houston supporters May 16-18, 2018. Join us!
- Every Month: We visit the Texas Capitol once or twice per month before the legislative session begins, meeting with law makers to discuss ways to improve Texas gun law.
Want to come to the Capitol with us?
Leave a Reply