The 2017 legislative session promises to be a time of high stakes and hard choices. It’s never been more important for people of faith to be informed and engaged.
Texas Impact Weekly Witness is your opportunity to put faith into action and advocate for the common good at a time when your state needs it! Here’s the game plan:
Every Monday at noon starting on January 16, Texas Impact will hold a short, focused advocacy training in Murchison Chapel at First United Methodist Church, Austin. We–and often colleagues from our partner organizations–will present timely, insider information on a “focus issue of the day,” as well as updates and next steps on other issues that are on our legislative agenda.
Following the training, participants will make scheduled or unscheduled legislative visits with their own legislators and other key members, and sometimes attend committee meetings or take advantage of other timely opportunities.
Weekly Witness will take place in Murchison Chapel at First United Methodist Church, Austin (directions).
Check out the 2017 Texas Impact Legislative Priorities – https://texasimpact.org/Priorities
- February 6: Immigrants, Refugees and Human Trafficking
- February 13: Foster Care and Domestic Violence (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Legislative Event)
- February 20: Public Education — Webinar RSVP
- February 27: Climate, Water, Energy, and Other Environmental Issues — Webinar RSVP
- March 6: Health Care (Cover Texas Now Advocacy Day) — Webinar RSVP
- March 13: Hunger, Poverty and Payday Lending — Webinar RSVP
- March 20: Religious Freedom — Webinar RSVP
- March 27: Death Penalty-Kristin Houle — Webinar RSVP
We will provide additional issues for emphasis in our next newsletter, or get them online.