Tuesday, October 9, is the last day for Texans to register to vote in the November 6 Presidential Election. With the recent confusion about voter registration, you may want to check to make sure you are registered at the Texas Secretary of State website:
https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/faces/SearchSelectionVoter.jsp , or at the Travis County Tax Office website: http://www.traviscountytax.org/showVoterSearch.do.
The voter registration application https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp can be used for first time voters, to change your address if you have voted in Texas before, or to get a replacement voter card. Did you know that in Texas:
- You can register your spouse, your child, or a parent (driver’s license number or last 4 numbers of Social Security # required).
- Early voting begins on October 22 through Friday, November 2.
- Voters are not required to present photo ID – Texas law struck down by court.
If you live in Travis County:
- There are 19 ballot issues in addition to voting for the US President.
- You can vote at any poll on Election Day.