The Austin District has raised over $700,000 for Imagine No Malaria. That money represents thousands upon thousands of lives saved. As we continue to reach out to our neighbors across the world we are also looking to reach out to our neighbors in our own back yard. And we are going to make it happen with a good Austin-style event.
– during SXSW
– on Tuesday, March 13
– from 5pm to midnight
– in the parking lot of Faith UMC at 2701 S Lamar
-great local live music for all tastes
– food trailer favorite East Side King (famously associated with Top Chef contestant Paul Qui)
– stories from those intimately connected to this cause
– ways to connect to new and old friends of the cause from across the city
– resources to mobilize you and your community to be a part of providing life where malaria once was.